Terms and Conditions (T&C)
KRENU UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
§1 Scope and definitions
1. In the following we present you our general terms and conditions. They govern the sale of our products and services. So please read the text carefully before you place an order. In order to shorten the text a little, we will call the General Terms and Conditions from now on “T&C", the designers who offer their tableware designs on KRENU.com from now on designer. Designers who develop tableware designs together with our customers in a co-design process are henceforth called designers. We conclude contracts with private customers (from now on private customer) and also with entrepreneurs (from now on entrepreneur). An entrepreneur can be a natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity, which executes an order within the scope of its professional activity.
2. If you have any questions regarding our terms and conditions, you can call us or contact us otherwise. Our contact details are:
KRENU UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Köpenicker Straße 95
phone: +49 1742448286
Managing Director: Gerald Kremer
3. By placing an order or booking on KRENU.com, you agree to our terms and conditions.
4. We offer you on KRENU.com ceramics of all kinds and qualities and products of table culture, which have been designed by our KRENU designers or freelance designers.
5. We also offer you the service of designing your individual tableware with our KRENU designers. Or we refer you to freelance designers who will help you to ensure that all your unique wishes are taken into account in tableware design.
§2 The conclusion of a contract
1. Contracts with KRENU are concluded in German.
2. You can currently only order from us if your delivery address is in Germany.
3. You can only order from us when you are eighteen years old or older.
4. The information and illustrations presented on our website are only approximately binding. They are not deemed to be warranted characteristics or identifications of the service. Slight discrepancies from pictures are customary in the trade of porcelain.
5. If a product is presented in our online shop, this is not yet to be understood as a legally binding offer. This is to be understood in such a way that we ask you to make us an offer by going through the entire order process.
6. You go through the ordering process when you put a product in the cart, enter your order information and your payment information, you click that you agree with our T&C, privacy and return policy, and click on the button “place order”.
7. The same applies to booking a designer. A booking request from you is not yet equal to a firm booking. The booking request must first be approved by a designer.
8. An order or booking confirmation is available when an order confirmation reaches you by email or when the goods reach you. Whatever comes first applies. Please note, however, that the receipt of your order by us does not constitute acceptance of your order. It only means that your order has been transmitted.
9. If our order confirmation differs from your order, please let us know in time. This is especially important if it is a custom-made product for you. If we do not hear any complaint from you within one week at the latest, the order is considered accepted. If there should be any change requests after that, this is unfortunately only possible at additional cost for you.
10. If you order more than the usual household quantities of dishes or if you want to resell the dishes afterwards, please let us know in advance. Out of respect for the copyrights of our designers, we require that you obtain our consent.
11. We save the information about your order. This makes communication with you easier and we are sometimes legally obliged to do so. If you lose any data concerning your order, you can contact us at any time and we will send it to you again.
12. You will find our T&Cs in several places. We make them available to you on our website. But you will also be informed of them with a link when you submit your offer. At the same time you will also find them on the delivery note.
§3 Prices, price changes and shipping costs
1. The prices registered with us for private customers in the shop always already include the legal value added tax and a commission for the designer of your new piece of tableware. This way we make sure that everyone participates in the profit.
2. The different price structure applies for products that are explicitly aimed at entrepreneurs. There, the prices do not yet include value added tax, a flat-rate shipping fee or a commission for the designer.
3. We make every effort to keep prices and delivery periods on our website always up to date. Of course, we can always make a mistake. We check the prices and delivery periods when we accept your order. If we find an error, we will call you or send you an email and clarify the further procedure with you.
4. The prices at the time of the order are always valid.
5. We want to save paper and have therefore decided that we will only send invoices electronically. You will receive the invoice by e-mail when the contract is concluded.
6. If a customer or entrepreneur uses a service from us (for example the placement of a designer or the booking of a co-design process), we will of course inform them of the costs. We do not want any negative surprises for anyone! We explain the exact scope of services, the costs and how they can be paid.
7. We reserve the right to set different prices for different booking periods, order quantities and user groups and especially for periods of use and to use different fee models. We do this because we want to give as many entrepreneurs as possible the opportunity to use KRENU.
8. We at KRENU work together with several small manufacturers. It is always possible that material or wage costs in these partner manufactories change. Therefore, our prices can of course also change. Should this be the case, we reserve the right to increase prices at our own discretion. Of course we will discuss this directly with you and we will try to find a solution together with you.
9. Especially with the development of your own tableware designs, there can be problems with the prototype production. It is possible that these become more complex and therefore more expensive. It may even be that planned forms can not be produced. In such a case, KRENU may not fulfill the contract through no fault of its own and may withdraw from the contract. Should this be the case, we will contact you and send you suggestions for changes. If you do not agree with these suggestions, you can either arrange a new appointment for a co-design process free of charge or we will transfer the money for the co-design process back to you.
§4 Deliveries, terms and deadlines
1. We can only deliver your products if we are also supplied in time by the manufacturers cooperating with us. So if we cannot keep our delivery times because we are not supplied in time, the fault is not ours.
2. The delivery times for entrepreneurs are only approximate. This is because it can sometimes take longer for all documents and copyrights (e.g. for the logo of you) to reach us. In addition, the prototypes must be produced in such a way that they meet our quality standards. Delivery times may also be longer if you would like us to provide you with sample prints of the decors or if you would like us to deliver complete prototypes beforehand.
3. We determine the optimal shipping method and route for you. Maybe we will even visit you personally and present our products to you ;) If you want, you can also take out a special transport insurance with us.
4. Of course you can also pick up your goods directly from us. Just contact us directly under email@example.com
5. If you have a product designed by a KRENU designer or a freelance designer, a minimum purchase quantity of products applies to you. This is 25 pieces.
6. If your delivery address is incorrect and your package is returned to us, we will have to charge you for the costs.
§ 5 Adjustments
1. If you should have change requests regarding your order, you must inform us in writing. This way we can always track which promises we have made to you, when and how, and we are all on the safe side.
2. If you would like us to print a logo or similar on your individual tableware, it is up to you to correct any mistakes in wording or other errors (e.g. the decoration colour) and let us know. If we have worked with your wrong instructions and have to change it, we will charge you for any additional cost. The same applies to the adjustments to geometric form of the tableware.
§ 6 Quality of the porcelain
1. We cooperate with various manufacturers in different European countries for the production of our tableware. Because of the limited production possibilities in small manufactures compared to mass produced industrial goods, the products are not all of the same quality. These are so-called oven-sorted goods. In some cases, small errors may occur, but these do not affect the use of the product. These can be, for example, pinpricks, impurities, slight glaze deviations, glaze integrity differences or glaze streaks, iron stains or hallmarks. All porcelain pieces, however, undergo a quality control at KRENU before shipping, so that we can ensure that you are satisfied with the final product.
§ 7 Colour prints
1. If there is a print image on your porcelain piece, it may not always be completely identical to other print images. The images are applied by hand and therefore always have slight tolerances.
2. All colour prints and glazes are fired into the porcelain at high temperatures. This allows you to put the porcelain in the dishwasher without hesitation. However, we cannot make any general statements about the durability of the porcelain, as this always depends on how hard your water is and which detergent you use.
§ 8 Colours of the glazes
1. We work with special glazes for porcelain that last a long time. However, the scope for colour design with these glazes is limited.
2. There can always be slight colour differences in the glaze. This is due to the fact that the porcelain is fired in an oven that has different temperatures in different places. Even small differences in temperature are responsible for the fact that the colours differ slightly.
§ 9 Return policy
1. If you have bought a product pre-designed by us or an independent designer that we have not adapted for you, you can easily return it within 14 days without giving a reason. The period for this is 14 days from the day on which the product has been transferred to you or a third party, other than the carrier, has accepted the product for you.
2. If you want to return your product, you must simply inform us. You can either send us an email to or a letter to KRENU UG (haftungsbeschränkt) Köpenicker Straße 95, 10179 Berlin. You can either use the sample form provided on our website (https://www.krenu.com/widerruf) or formulate it yourself. Ideally it should contain:
a. I/we hereby revoke the contract concluded by me/us for the purchase of the following goods (enter the goods here) or the following service (enter the service here)
b. Ordered on/received on (enter date here)
c. Your Name
d. Your Address
e. Your signature
f. The date on which you write the message.
3. The result of your product return is that the costs for the product will be transferred back to you. We will do this as soon as the product reaches us again. At the latest 14 days after we have received the product back, your money will be back on your account. We use the same payment method you used for the purchase.
4. Unfortunately we have to charge you for the costs of the return shipment.
5. If the product has a defect caused by you, we have to charge you for the loss of value.
6. If the products are custom-made products specifically made for your needs, the return policy does not apply. It does not apply to deliveries of goods that are not prefabricated and for whose production an individual selection or determination by you is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of you.
7. The return of the goods is at your personal risk. Upholster the dishes therefore sufficiently.
8. The return of the goods has to be made to the following address:
KRENU UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Köpenicker Street 95
End of the return policy.
§ 10 Warranty
1. The statutory rights of buyers in the event of defects apply to our products.
2. If you are an entrepreneur, a limitation period of 12 months from the date of delivery of the goods applies to warranty claims for material defects of the buyer; §377 HBH applies here.
§ 11 Terms of payment
1. The payment for the goods is to be made to us in advance, the latest at the time of the due date.
2. You can choose from different payment methods. These are:
b. credit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express)
c. bank transfer.
3. We reserve the right to exclude some payment methods for certain products or services.
4. If you choose bank transfer as payment method, you must transfer the invoice amount to our account within seven calendar days after receipt of the order. We reserve the goods for you during this time. Our bank account details are:
KRENU UG (limited liability)
IBAN: EN29 1004 0000 0601 3312 00
5. If you choose a credit card as a payment method, you authorize us with the order that we may collect the invoice amount.
6. Should you be in delay with the payment, we can claim damages for the delay from you.
§ 12 Reservation of ownership
1. The goods remain our property until full payment has been received.
2. If you are an entrepreneur, we retain ownership of the goods until all our claims are settled by you.
3. Drawings, samples and CAD data remain the property of KRENU UG (haftungsbeschränkt) even after full payment.
§ 13 Right of defects
1. If you are a private customer, you have all legal rights regarding your product. Therefore, in addition to your 30-day right of return, you have a warranty right limited to 2 years. If your product is defective or not as described, you can request that we repair the product or replace it. If we cannot replace or repair the product within a reasonable time or without difficulty, you may also request that we refund or reduce the purchase price. If you want us to replace the product, we can only decide this on a case-by-case basis, because it has to be assessed on the basis of the proportionality of the costs.
2. If the product is a used product, the warranty period can be shorter.
3. If you are an entrepreneur, the limitation period of the warranty is only one year. However, this only applies if you do not assert any claims for damages, which refer to damage to body and health or to intent or gross negligence.
4. Our goods shall be deemed to be in accordance with the contract if they do not deviate from the agreed specification at the time of the transfer of risk or if they deviate only insignificantly. In doing so, we refer to the agreements made with regard to quality and quantity. We are not liable for the deterioration of the goods after the transfer of risk.
5. If you are an entrepreneur, you should check our goods immediately after receipt. If you notice any defects, please let us know immediately. If you notice them later, please let us know so that we can help you.
§ 14 Limitation of liability
1. KRENU shall be liable for your claims for damages in respect of injury to life and health or breach of material contractual obligations. In addition, we shall be liable for damages resulting from intentional or grossly negligent breaches of duty by us, one of our legal representatives or vicarious agents.
2. Essential contractual obligations are duties whose fulfilment is necessary to achieve the aim of the contract.
3. KRENU shall be liable for breaches of essential contractual obligations which are based on contract-typical and foreseeable damage, if the damage was caused by simple negligence.
4. The limitation in point 3 shall not apply if your claims for damages relate to injury to life and limb or health.
5. All regulations from the product liability law remain untouched.
6. If our liability on the part of KRENU is excluded or limited, this also applies to our employees, our representatives and our vicarious agents.
7. If you release your text, the colours and images used, you are liable for the correctness thereof.
§ 14 Copyright
1. All copyrighted rights of use in all processes and purposes of our own sketches, originals and CAD objects and the like remain with us for the time being, unless otherwise agreed.
2. If we are to apply something to the dishes for you, you are responsible for checking whether you are allowed to do so. You alone are liable if you violate copyrights.
3. We reserve the right to use articles manufactured by us on behalf of the customer as samples or for advertising purposes.
4. If you should have violated the copyright, you must inform us immediately so that we no longer use the picture material and etc.
§ 15 Data protection
1. If we collect personal data from you (e.g. name, address, email address), we are obliged to obtain your prior consent. We do not pass on this information to third parties.
2. A transfer of data (e.g. via email) can always have security gaps. One can therefore never guarantee a hundred percent error and failure-free protection. Our liability is excluded in this respect.
3. You can contact us at any time to receive the complete record of your stored information.
4. You can also instruct us at any time to delete all data we have about you.
5. You can find everything else about data protection in our data protection declaration.
§ 16 Place of performance, jurisdiction, law
1. The contract language is German. German law shall apply.
2. We reserve the right to make changes to the KRENU website and the terms and conditions. Your order is always based on the terms and conditions that were valid at the time of your order.
§ 17 Severability Clause
Insofar as the contract or these Terms and Conditions contain loopholes or individual clauses are or become invalid, the validity of the remainder of the provisions shall not be affected. In place of the invalid provisions, the legally permissible provision that comes closest to the meaning and purpose expressed in the invalid provision in economic terms shall apply. The same applies in the event of a loophole in these conditions of participation.
Declaration of conformity
The manufacturers cooperating with us are all from EU countries. According to EU law, dinnerware must meet the requirements of the German Commodity Ordinance (RL 2005/31/EC and Regulation (EC) No. 1935/2004) when sold within the EU. This means that our cooperating manufactories are liable for the compliance of the tableware with current EU law.